Garden of Life Supplements
Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil
|Nature's richest source of vitamins A & D
- The Omega-3 fatty acids found in Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil support healthy neurological and brain function*
- Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA Omega 3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. One serving of Olde World® Icelandic Cod Liver Oil provides over 750mg of EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids
- All-natural lemon mint flavor
- Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil undergoes quality control measures which include independent laboratory testing to exacting standards for heavy metals, PCBs, dioxins, and other potential contaminants
- Great for those on low carbohydrate diets
- The Cod Liver Oil ingredients in this formula that make it uniquely effective.
The Vitamins A and D in Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil support normal calcium metabolism, normal bone development, and help maintain healthy bone structure* The Vitamin A in Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil supports eye health, normal skin and hair structure, and healthy immune function*
Why is Cod Liver Oil good for me?
- Healthy Cardiovascular Function
- Cod Liver oil can play an important role in supporting the heart and cardiovascular system. Its Omega 3 fatty acids positively affect the linings of the arteries, and Vitamins A and D help improve muscle function and blood vessel elasticity. Cod Liver Oil also acts as a natural blood thinner.
- Maintenance of Joints and Cartilage
- Extensive research show the Omega 3 fatty acids in cod liver oil are effective in maintaining healthy joints and cartilage.
- Skin Disorder Relief
- Regular consumption of Omega 3 fatty acids may help ease the effects of inflammatory skin disorders. Sufferers generally register low levels of these crucial fatty acids, and taking cod liver oil may reduce the overall severity of their conditions.
What is the origin of Cod Liver Oil?
Far north in the icy Atlantic lives a truly remarkable culture of people who have withstood the challenges of harsh weather and long seasons of darkness. This is the island nation of Iceland.
Cod liver oil has always been an important part of the diet for the Icelandic people. They instinctively recognize the importance of Vitamin A, Vitamin D and the essential Omega-3 fatty acids found in cod liver oil.
Regular use of cod liver oil has supported the overall health of the Icelandic people for hundreds of years. Now, this same product is available to support your overall health.
Is Olde World® Icelandic Cod Liver Oil tested for purity?
Olde World® Icelandic Cod Liver Oil undergoes quality control measures which include testing to exacting purity standards by independent laboratories for heavy metals, dioxins and other contaminants.
How is Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil different from other cod liver oils?
Other cod liver oils remove the naturally occurring vitamins A and D during the deodorizing process and then supplement the finished product with synthetic forms. Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil is undeodorized, unbleached and contains only the naturally occurring vitamins A and D.
Adults take 1 teaspoon of Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil 1-3 times a day. Children under 12 take 1/2 teaspoon 1-3 times a day.